- No flour or flour "substitutes"
- No vegan egg or dairy "replacements"
- No protein powders (just real food, plant-based protein such as nuts, oats and seeds)
- No liquid sweeteners (Rice syrup, Glucose syrup, Tapioca syrup, etc.)
- No artificial flavors or preservatives; no gums
- Not dry or chalky
- It's not another snack bar!
Why? Simply put, we prefer clean, simple ingredients that provide some sort of nutritional benefit. We are passionate about creating delicious, convenient cookies that everyone can enjoy regardless of age or dietary restrictions.
At the Kakookie kitchen, we avoid processed carbs when we can, and choose ingredients that are naturally nutrient rich such as:
- Healthy fats: Almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, coconut oil, unsweetened coconut
- Superfoods: chia seeds, ground flaxseed, oats, apples, blueberries, cranberries
Kakookie ingredients contain NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives & are baked without dairy or egg products (yes they are Vegan) but made in a facility that also uses wheat, dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, and soy.